Planning is underway for the season-ending tournament that will take place on Saturday, October 19th and Sunday, October 20th. Please note that all tournament brackets will be played in a single day (either Saturday or Sunday).
- All tournament games will either be played at SportsPlus in Evendale, SportsExpress in Mason, or Betsch Fieldhouse in White Oak on Saturday, October 19th or Sunday, October 20th. Saturday matches will begin at 9am at the earliest and should complete no later than 6pm while Sunday matches will not begin until 11am at the earliest and also complete no later than 6pm. As was requested by coordinators in our meeting last summer, each individual bracket will be playing all of their tournament games at a single site. This may cause issues for the few coaches that are the head coach for multiple teams, but coordinators felt having each bracket play in a single day was more important. Please make sure you have a competetent assistant available.
- As with regular season games, each coach will need to pay the referee $13, both teams should provide a lines person, and the "home team" should work the scoreboard. The home team is always the higher seed.
- Individual medals will be given out to players on the 1st and 2nd place teams.
- Recreational teams will not be moved up to play in athletic divisions for the tournament.
- The recreational divisions will be split into 8 team brackets (for the most part) based on regular season winning percentage across all pods. So the "best" 8 teams will play in the A bracket, the next "best" 8 teams will play in the B bracket, etc ... This is the same methodology we have used in the past.
- We will be splitting up the 5th/6th grade athletic divisions into three brackets. Most of the A division teams will play in the A bracket, the bottom few A division teams and top half of the B division teams will play in the B bracket, and the remaining B division teams will play in the C bracket..
- The schedule will be released on Monday evening, October 14th as we will base the bracket assignments and seedings on all regular season results as reported by 7pm on Sunday, October 13th. If we can provide guidance on where brackets will be playing in advance of the 14th, we will do so.
- Once the schedule is released we CANNOT change it. We have such a small window for these games, there can be absolutely no changes. If a team cannot make it, they will need to forfeit the match.
- If your team will NOT be participating in the tournament, coaches or coordinators please email the league no later than October 1st!