Planning is underway for the season-ending tournament that will take place on Saturday, October 15th and Sunday, October 16th. Most tournament brackets will take place on a single day but a few might start take place over the course of two days. All teams are automatically entered into the tournament unless they communicate to us through their coordinator by October 1st that they do not want to participate. Teams will typically be split into brackets of 6-8 teams (mostly by winning percentage) and the winner and runner-up for each bracket will receive individual medals.
Here is some additional information about the tournament:
- Tournament matches will be played are various gyms around the city as well as Elite Athletic Sports Complex and SportsExpress. Please note that we cannot work around schedule conflicts for the tournament.
- A tentative gym schedule will be shared with coordinators no later than September 30th.
- As with regular season games, each coach will need to pay the referee $13, both teams should provide a lines person, and the "home team" should work the scoreboard. The home team is always the higher seed.
- Individual medals will be given out to players on the 1st and 2nd place teams.
- Recreational teams will not be moved up to play in athletic divisions for the tournament. Teams, however, may be moved between 5th/6th athletic A/B based on regular season performance.
- The recreational divisions will typically be split into 8 team brackets (for the most part) based on regular season winning percentage across all pods. So the "best" 8 teams will play in the A bracket, the next "best" 8 teams will play in the B bracket, etc ... This is the same methodology we have used in the past.
- The schedule will be released on Tuesday evening, October 11th as we will base the bracket assignments and seedings on all regular season results as reported by 8pm on Sunday, October 9th. If we can provide guidance on where brackets will be playing in advance of the 10th, we will do so.
- Once the schedule is released we CANNOT change it. We have such a small window for these games, there can be absolutely no changes. If a team cannot make it, they will need to forfeit the match.
- If your team will NOT be participating in the tournament, coaches or coordinators please email the league no later than October 1st!