As we close out the spring season, here is information about our Fall 2019 season.
- 10 match, 6 week season beginning on September 6thand ending on October 13th
- Post-season single elimination tournament on October 19/20. Each bracket will be played at a single site on a single day.
- Recreational divisions for 3rd-8th grades as well as a 5th/6th athletic divisions
- NEW ... A and B divisions for 5th/6th grade athletic. If your team was .500 or above, please consider the A division
- Geographic pod scheduling for all recreational divisions
- Single referee per match at a cost of $13 per team
- Each team must provide a lines person for each game
Here are some key pre-season dates:
- May 21 - Coordinator meeting at 6pm Terwilleger Lodge at Dulle Park
- August 1 - Registration Opens (teams can be registered, gym availability and team conflicts should be entered)
- August 16 - Registration Closes
- August 27-28 - Coordinator Schedule Review
- August 30 - Schedule Released
Changes agreed upon at our May member meeting. Any of these that affect existing rules will be updated in the rules document before the start of the Fall 2019 season:
- There will no longer be playing time requirements for 7th/8th graders. Playing time rules stay the same for 3rd-6th grades.
- We will offer an A and B division for 5th/6th grade athletic teams in both the fall and spring. This should encourage more participants to play in B and provide flexibility to move teams between A and B for the tournament based on how they did during the regular season. If your team was .500 or above last fall in the athletic division and is coming back, please register them in the A division.
- Players in all grades can drop the ball once per serve, not once per rotation as per the current rule.
- 4th grade boys can now play in the 3rd/4th grade division. To clarify, teams can have up to 2 boys on their roster and they can play at their grade level. 3rd-5th grade boys can play in the league.
- We will offer an upper division for 3rd/4th grade and we will schedule it if we get 6 teams to register in that division. We will be reaching out to teams that were 10-0, 9-1 last season who are returning to that division this fall to encourage them to play tougher competition.
- The league will offer a coaching clinic in August for anyone that wants to attend (head coaches, assistant coaches, parents). The clinic will be run by local high school coaches, some of who are coordinators in our league. More information will be forthcoming about the format of the clinic but it will be a fun interactive experience that will provide coaches with information on how to run a practice, game strategy, skill development, and rules clarifications. A nonimal fee will be charged for the clinic.
- We will try an experimental high school league (girls only) in the spring. We need 6 teams to make this happen. Please socialize this in your community and see if we can make this happen. White Oak, Oak Hills, and Sharonville will be entering teams in this league.
The tournament schedule has been released! Please check the brackets to determine your schedule for tournament weekend. As a reminder this is a single elimination tournament and each bracket will take place on a single day as requested by our member organizations. Individual medals will be awarded to all players on the 1st and 2nd place team in each tournament bracket. All were split into multiple tournament brackets based mostly on winning percentage as of 8pm 5/12. When seeding, teams were not penalized for forfeit losses or rewarded for forfeit wins. For rec brackets we also tried to avoid first round matchups between teams that played against each other in the regular season.
Coaches, please note that as during the regular season, you must pay the referee (same rate as regular season) and provide one line judge. If the tournament host does not provide a scoreboard operator (they should), the home team should provide someone to perform this duty. Also, for all teams playing at SportsExpress, SportsExpress has kindly offered to provide a cart and balls for warmup so players do not need to bring their own balls.
Check out the links below. You can also access this tournament information from the Tournament option on the Schedule menu. An easy way to find which bracket your team is playing in is to go to the Find My Bracket link and enter the last name of your coach.
Find My Bracket Physical Bracket Schedule by Bracket Schedule by Gym