May Meeting Notes
Thank you to those coordinators that were able to attend our May meeting. Here are some notes from the meeting. These will also be emailed to coordinators.
- The new playing time rules implemented for the spring 2023 season are going great and will become permanent moving forward.
- Ben will be in touch regarding the distribution of medals for the upcoming tournament.
- We discussed the fall 2023 season and decided that any type of club activities in October do not need to be avoided. Therefore, we are returning back to starting the season the weekend after Labor Day. Finalized timelines are on the front page of the web site.
- The preseason tournament will take place the weekend prior to Labor Day weekend. This is a three match round robin.
- The league will help put on a coaches clinic either the 2nd or 3rd weekend in August. More details to come on this.
- Boys volleyball continues to grow. We have commitments from 3 teams to start a boys 3rd/4th grade division in the fall. We will survey members to see if this will be doable.
- The girls 5th/6th grade athletic divisions will now be split into grade specific divisions. We may or may not have enough teams to support A and B divisions for each grade but we will offer it. Most likely we will be able to support 6th athletic A and B and also 5th athletic. In the spring, due to lower number of athletic teams, we will probably only be able to support 6th athletic and 5th athletic.
- The spring 2024 season will begin the weekend after Easter (1st weekend in April) and run for 6 weeks followed by a season-ending tournament the weekend before Memorial day weekend.
- League fees are being increased to $105/team, ref fees will remain unchanged at $15/match per team.