One weekend to go and planning for the season-ending tournament is almost complete. Here is some information about the tournament:
- All teams are assumed to be playing in the tournament unless the league is notified by October 1st.
- The tournament will take place from Friday, October 20 through Sunday, October 22nd.
- This is a single elimination tournament so if a team wins the first two sets of a match, a third set will NOT be played.
- All 3rd/4th and 5th/6th rec divisions will be split into multiple tournament brackets so teams from the different pods will be grouped into Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc ... brackets based on their winning percentage (excluding forfeits) and a variety of other factors. We did our best to reduce Friday travel but at the end of the day, we have a league that is very spread out.
- If you coach multiple teams, we made sure you could coach the first match of the tournament for both teams, but it is very difficult to do that for the entire tournament. Please make sure you have an assistant ready to step in if both your teams continue to advance through the tournament.
- Individual medals will be given to the champion and runner-up teams in each bracket.
- COACHES, PLEASE POST YOUR MATCH SCORES IN A TIMELY MANNER DURING THE TOURNAMENT!
If you have any questions about the tournament, please email [email protected]
|5th/6th Ath||October 16th||Tournament will be played at SportsExpress. Quarterfinals and semi-finals on Sat. Oct. 21 at 9, 10, 11, and finals on Sunday (at 12pm). Since the schedule is firm, we will wait to seed the teams until the regular season is finished. Matches against 7th-8th grade rec teams will be excluded when seeding and it will be done based on winning percentage.|
|7th/8th Rec||October 16th||Tournament will be played at Betsch Fieldhouse on Sunday, Oct 22 at 11, 12, 1. Since the schedule is firm, we will wait to see the teams until the regular season is finished. Matches against 5th-6th grade athletic teams will be excluded when seeding and it will be done based on winning percentage.|