The Cincinnati Premier Youth Volleyball League will be hosting a coaching clinic on Sunday, August 11th at 2pm in the main gym at Sycamore High School. This clinic is open to all youth volleyball head and assistant coaches as well as any parents who might find the clinic of benefit. The clinic will be run by local high school varsity girls volleyball coaches and last approximately 1.5 to 2 hours for a nominal cost of $20 per attendee. Here is a brief look at what will be included in the clinic.
- Learn the lingo! Our staff will prep you on proper volleyball terminology so that you can talk the talk.
- Rules ... we will make sure you are up to speed on basic volleyball rules and recent changes made to OHSAA rules.
- Proper Skill Instruction - Through the use of interactive stations, our clinicians will teach you how to properly teach volleyball skills to your kids.
- Age Appropriate Teaching - Passing and serving are fundamental skills but there are progressions to these skills as kids gain more experience. Learn age appropriate teaching techniques to get the most out of your kids.
- Plan a fun and engaging practice that will have your kids coming back for more!
- Q&A - the clinic will end with a brief Q&A session with the clinicians